Better Beauty Sleep Want to look and feel super-rested? Just as babies respond to routine at bedtime so do we. Create your own evening rituals for the best night’s sleep you’ll ever have. I love to...
1. Light a candle, preferably one containing lavender or chamomile. Candlelight triggers the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone, and lavender eases anxiety and insomnia.
2. Have a bath and add few drops of sleep inducing essential oil. Lavender, Roman Chamomile and Neroli are all good.
3. Slip into cool sheets. For blissful sleep you should be warmer than your bedding so avoid electric blankets.
4. Spritz my pillow with a soothing spray, then get into bed and consciously breathe deeply and slowly to induce a state of calm.
Try This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray £19.50 and Sleep Plus Pillow Spray, £27.50.
5. Listen to a yoga nidra meditation, the one below is brilliant.